When searching for a gift for toddlers, it’s important to remember that toddlers need to engage in sensory play.
Young children should be able to feel different textures, see a variety of colours and shapes, etc. Toddlers are also interested in role play- playing house, dressing up, acting like a doctor, teacher, firefighter, etc. Keeping these in mind, I have gathered a list of toddler friendly gifts for all price ranges:
- Books (reading, colouring, and activity) and puzzles: Books come in a variety of sizes and styles ie. there are cloth books for babies, visual books that consist of large and colourful pictures, books that rhyme, and even books that have different textures on each page that your child can feel!
- Lego or building blocks: Building blocks are great as they allow the children to work with their hands!
- Seasonal package:
-Summer: a beach towel, swim suit, bubbles, kite, etc.
-Winter: a sled, skates, helmet, mittens etc.
- A toy set for pretend play:
-A toy tool set
-A toy doctor set etc.
- A big basket of balls: include a basket ball, soccer ball, football, rubber ball
- Plastic food and plastic toy dish set
- Bath toys and bath bubbles
- Plastic bowling set
- Toy kitchen
- Dolls and stuffed animals
- Toy cars, trucks, trains, airplanes
- An easel with a chalkboard on one side and a magnetic board on the other side
- Paints, sidewalk chalk, crayons, markers, play dough
- An activity table filled with sand or water
- A tricycle
- Costumes for pretend play
- Clothing and accessories
- Bedroom accessories (lamp, clock, art work, bean bag chair)
- Gift cards to restaurants, ice cream places, clothing stores, toy stores, etc.
- Donation in the child’s name (child will feel special and learn about charity)
- Admission tickets to theme parks, special events, and city attractions
- Promise date (a note promising the child you will take him or out on a special date)
Always ask the family members if there is a specific item the child needs or wants, and double check if the child has the item you are considering to buy before you purchase it.
Remember, the gift you buy doesn’t have to cost a lot of money, after all if you give toddlers cardboard boxes and some containers they will be busy for hours!
Thank you for stopping by and reading, until next time!